If there is one thing we know, it’s that some foods just naturally pair totally amazingly together, while other foods just do not seem to work. And in the case of plump and sweet cherry tomatoes and bitter and fragrant baby arugula leaves? It’s a match made in heaven.
Don’t believe us?
Try this recipe for a cherry tomato and arugula salad. Sound easy? That’s because it is. Cherry tomatoes, arugula, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt is all that you need to create one of the best summer sides.
This quick and easy arugula salad is simply amazing with any grilled fish, poultry, or steak. You can use it as a burger topper.
- 2 containers ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 container (about 4 cups) baby arugula leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1Rinse and pat dry cherry tomatoes and slice in half. Transfer to a large serving bowl, along with arugula leaves.
Toss to combine.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Drizzle over tomatoes and arugula and toss gently to coat.
Sprinkle top with flaked sea salt and freshly grated Parmesan if you like.