Kids love these homemade chicken bites for lunch, dinner or an after school snack.
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped peanuts or almonds (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) cornflake/panko crumbs
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) dried parsley flakes
- ¾ tsp (3 mL) onion powder
- ¾ tsp (3 mL) paprika
- ¾ tsp (3 mL) dried basil
- 1 lb. (500 g) boneless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) plain yogurt
- Serve with plum sauce or honey.
Prep and Cook
- 1Mix peanuts, cornflake or panko bread crumbs and seasonings on sheet of waxed paper. If omitting peanuts, double the amount of crumbs.
- 2Cut chicken into strips about 1¼” (2 cm) wide.
- 3Dip chicken strips into yogourt and then into crumb mixture.
- 4Place on foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 4 minutes.
- 6Turn strips over and bake 4–6 minutes longer.
- 7Serve with plum sauce or honey.
Category: No Category