Chilled Cucumber Soup
Quickly blend fresh cucumbers, tangy buttermilk and thick yogurt for a refreshing meal made in minutes. This chilled cucumber soup can also be whipped up well in advance of serving and pairs perfectly with grilled breads and fresh salads.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, cut lengthwise and seeded reserving 4 cucumber slices
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon, approximately 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prep and Cook
- Roughly chop cucumber and place in food processor. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt and buttermilk and cover with lid. Blend for 1–2 minutes or until completely puréed.
- Pour blended mixture into a large bowl and whisk in sour cream. Check seasonings and add more salt if desired.
- Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour into 4 glasses or small bowls and garnish with a cucumber slice and freshly ground black pepper.