The kids will come clamouring for these cucumber and feta-topped lamb burgers made specifically to suit their small hands. Sliders are popular fare for adults as well and these make an excellent addition to any summer BBQ menu.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 8 slider buns
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 green onion, ends removed and minced
- Fresh ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine lamb, shallot, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and salt with your hands. Do not overwork mixture; blend until ingredients are just combined.
- 2Using a ¼ cup measure, portion out 8 patties. Cook burgers on the grill, stovetop, or in the oven.
- 3For the sauce, combine yogurt, feta, cucumber and green onion in a small bowl and blend well, mashing feta with the back of a spoon.
- 4Place cooked burgers on the bottom half of the buns and top with cucumber and feta sauce. Garnish as desired, and top remaining half of bun.
Tagged under: sliders,greek recipe,lamb sliders,lamb burgers,feta