- 9–10 cups unsalted popcorn
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread popcorn in a single layer (with peanuts, if desired) on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Lightly oil a rubber spatula with olive or vegetable oil, or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- To make hot caramel, place butter in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, salt and 2 tablespoons of water. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring thoroughly every minute.
- Remove from stovetop and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir well.
- Immediately pour hot caramel mixture over popcorn and evenly coat using the spatula.
- Bake popcorn for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and completely cool on the baking sheet. Break up into pieces and store in a covered bowl for up to five days.