Chocolate Pudding with Marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 ½ cups Neilson® Dairy Oh!® 1% Chocolate Milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp Neilson butter
- 4 oz miniature marshmallows
Prep and Cook
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar and salt. Add the chocolate milk in a slow, steady stream, whisking continuously. Whisk in one egg yolk at a time until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the pudding begins to thicken (about 6 minutes). Reduce the heat to low and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and use a spatula to strain the hot pudding through the fine mesh sieve. Stir in the butter. Divide the pudding among 4 individual 1 cup ramekins. Refrigerate until cool.
- When ready to serve, set the oven to broil. Cover each pudding with marshmallows and place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Put the sheet on the middle rack of the oven and broil for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, watching like a hawk, until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove and let stand until the ramekins are cool enough to handle.