Makes approx. 750 ml
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 oz. milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Canadian or Irish whisky
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
Prep and Cook
- 1Warm the cream in a saucepan set over medium heat until it begins to bubble around the edges of the pot. Take off the heat, stir in the chocolate and espresso powder and let melt until smooth. Set aside until it cools completely, and then transfer to a blender or food processor.
- 2Add the sweetened condensed milk, whisky, vanilla and almond extracts and blend for 20 seconds. Pour into a container with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate for up to one month.
- 3The longer the coffee cream liqueur sits the better the flavour will be. Make this at least 24 hours before serving or giving it.
- 4Take care not to over blend the cream or you’ll end up with something that’s too thick to pour.