- 1 ½ lb (or 1 large bunch) fresh asparagus (cut into 1” pieces)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz (375g) bow-tie pasta, about 4 cups
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups spinach, washed and chopped
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook garlic and shallots until soft.
- 2Add cream and bring to a boil; reduce heat, add salt and pepper to the skillet and simmer.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8-10 minutes or until tender, adding the peas and asparagus to the pot during the last two minutes of cooking.
- 4Drain pasta with peas and asparagus, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water and put aside.
- 5Toss hot pasta, peas and asparagus into sauce immediately.
- 6Add lemon zest, pasta water (as needed) and spinach.
- 7Serve immediately with toasted pine nuts, freshly grated parmesan cheese and a side of salad.
Tagged under: creamy pasta,pasta,asparagus