Quick, what comes to mind when we say the word ‘salsa’?
But, we bet you didn’t know that there’s actually a world of different salsas out there that have zero, zip, nada to do with tomatoes. Take this recipe for a fiery mango strawberry salsa. It’s not only insanely fresh and super-healthy (thanks to all that gorgeous fruit), but it’s an absolute cinch to make—simply dice all of the ingredients and toss them together with some freshly squeezed lime juice.
Now, if you’re a fan of avocado (and duh, who isn’t?), it works incredibly well in this salsa, but, if not, simply skip that step.
Either way, we promise this quick and easy salsa will be a hit at any picnic, bbq, or party. Just don’t forget the nacho chips…
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 container strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
Prep and Cook
- 1In a medium bowl, combine mango, strawberries, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and sea salt. Toss to coat well and serve immediately.
Tagged under: salsa,strawberry recipes,strawberry recipe,strawberry salsa,mango strawberry salsa