- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic or chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk egg white.
- 3Whisk in olive oil, spices, salt and sugar.
- 4Add potatoes, tossing to coat.
- 5Arrange potatoes, in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and roast on the top rack of the oven for 15 minutes, turn and continue baking for another 15–20 minutes or until tender and edges are browned and crisp.
- 6Serve with a dipping sauce of low fat mayonnaise and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 7Good to know: For crispier wedges, place the sweet potatoes under broiler for the last 5 minutes.
Tagged under: sweet potato fries,freds fries,snacks,fries,side