Grilled Fennel, Tomato and Baby Greens Salad with Bacon
Adding grilled veggies to a simple salad makes your meal so much more gourmet. Who needs to know it came out of a package?
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, cut through core into ⅓-inch-thick (8 mm) slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (7.75 oz / 220 g) DOLE® Extra Veggie™ with Grape Tomatoes
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Prep and Cook
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush fennel slices with oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill 14 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until tender crisp. Cut slices in half.
- Combine salad blend, tomatoes from pouch, fennel and bacon in large bowl. Toss with Red Wine Vinaigrette, to taste.