- 1 store-bought or homemade pound cake
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 peaches or mangoes
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Optional: toasted coconut, for garnish
Prep and Cook
- 1Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Cut pound cake into 1-inch thick slices. Brush the pieces of cake with the melted butter and set aside.
- 2Halve peaches, remove the pit (or slice the fleshy sides off the mangos, running a knife along the flat pit in the centre) and thinly slice. Place the cake and peach slices directly on the preheated grill. Cook the cake for 1-2 minutes or until grill-marked. Flip. Cook the peaches (or mangoes) until slightly soft and charred.
- 3Serve the fruit over the grilled pound cake and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
Tagged under: grilled pound cake,grilled pound cake with fresh fruit,grilled pound cake recipe