Makes 12’24 cupcakes
- 1 recipe for vanilla cake (or boxed mix)
- ⅔ cup green sprinkles
- 2 cups white icing
- Green gel-paste food colouring
- Gold or white sanding sugar
- Small plastic jungle animal toys
Prep and Cook
- 1Prep the cake recipe (or cake mix) as per the directions. Add in the green sprinkles and stir to combine. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and fill each cup ¾ full with batter. Bake according to package/recipe directions, and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- 2Combine a few drops of the food colouring with the icing and stir until well combined.
- 3Using an icing knife, spread the icing generously over the cupcake.
- 4Sprinkle the tops of the cupcake with the sanding sugar.
- 5Insert the jungle animal toy toppers onto each cupcake.