Who doesn’t like a nice hearty soup of Leek and Potato to fill you up and warm your bones?
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1In a soup pot, melt butter over low heat.
- 2Add leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until tender (about 15 minutes).
- 3Stir in potatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and continue cooking until potatoes are cooked, about 25 minutes.
- 5Using a hand blender in the pot or in a food processor, puree soup until smooth (or desired consistency).
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Reheat soup in the pot and, if using, add cream.
- 8Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with a teaspoon of crumbled bacon and a sprinkle of chives.
- 9Serve soup hot or cold with whole wheat dinner rolls.
Tagged under: soup,potatoes,leeks,leek and potato soup