- 1 box whole wheat or spinach linguine
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Asiago cheese (for garnish)
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente.
- 2Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the remaining cooking water.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add olive oil, onion, garlic and pine nuts and sauté for three minutes or until onion is cooked.
- 5Add chopped spinach, tomatoes, cheese and salt to the skillet.
- 6Saute for another few minutes or until spinach starts to wilt.
- 7Add pasta to the skillet (or to a large pasta bowl) and combine ingredients until heated through, stirring in cooking water as needed.
- 8Serve immediately with shaved Asiago cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Tagged under: Linguine,asiago cheese,Cheese,spinach