- 1 lb rhubarb, chopped
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped and seeds removed
- 6 meringue shells (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups heavy whipped cream
- 2 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the rhubarb, sugar, water and vanilla into a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Gently cook the mixture for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender but still holding its shape. Remove from the stovetop and transfer to a bowl. Allow it to cool.
- 2Whip the cream and confectioner’s sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside. Break up or bash the meringues into small and medium chunks. Set aside.
- 3To make the ‘mess’ use six pretty glasses or one large bowl. Layer the some of the whipped cream in the bottom of your serving vessel. Crumble a bit of the meringue over top, and add a scoop or two of the rhubarb mixture. Cover with another scoop of whipped cream, top with more meringue, and add another dollop of the rhubarb compote to the top. Alternatively, mix it all together in a haphazard fashion and scoop it into your serving dish.
- 4Garnish with slivered almonds, chopped strawberries, fresh mint or dust the top with confectioner’s sugar.
Category: No Category