- 2 heads romaine or Boston lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 6 slices cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salad dressing of choice
Prep and Cook
- 1To make the salad, scatter the lettuce over a large platter and top with the chopped bacon, cherry tomatoes, avocado chunks, sliced eggs, shredded chicken and crumbled feta cheese.
- 2To serve, drizzle salad with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Good to Know: For extra flavour, pan fry the tomatoes in the same skillet the bacon was cooked in (drain all but 1 teaspoon of the fat from the pan before the vegetables are added). Season liberally with pepper and cook until the skins are blistered and some of the tomato juices have been released. Remove from the skillet, set aside and add to the salad when cooled.