Adapted from Jamie Oliver
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed, chopped and set aside
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-7 black peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ¼” thick coins
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ½ cup heavy cream
Prep and Cook
- 1Start by making the broth. Place the chicken carcass and any bones in a large pot, cover with 8 cups of water, and add the bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 30 minutes, occasionally skimming the foam off the top of the water.
- 2Meanwhile, place the olive oil in a second stockpot and warm it over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and potato and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft, stirring often.
- 3Pour the broth through a strainer into the pot with the vegetables. Add the corn and reserved chicken, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, season well, and serve with crisp crackers, if desired.
Tagged under: chicken recipe,chowder recipe,chicken and corn chowder