- 6 - 6 oz. tilapia fillets, de-boned with skin on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Prep and Cook
- 1Cut the lemon into six wedges.
- 2Remove the inner white pith, seeds, and cut each wedge into small pieces.
- 3Using a food processor, add the garlic, shallot, lemon and lemon juice.
- 4Puree on high speed until the lemon has broken down.
- 5Add the almonds, paprika, sherry vinegar, and continue to puree.
- 6Add the olive oil in a steady stream until smooth and pesto is a smooth consistency.
- 7Season with salt and set aside.
- 8Preheat barbeque or grill pan (medium-high heat).
- 9Lightly coat each fillet with (2 Tbsp) olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Grill fish skin side down for about 3 minutes.
- 11Turn fillet over and complete grilling flesh side down for about 2 minutes.
- 12Serve fish topped with pesto or on the side
Category: No Category