Tortellini and Spring Veggie Soup
Busy moms, this dinner recipe is meant just for you.
Here’s a simple dinner recipe the kids are sure to love. I think of this tortellini and spring veggie soup as my go-to, back-pocket meal when I don’t have more than 20 minutes to get a good dinner on the table. I use a store-bought shortcut by picking up a package of fresh tortellini and to it I add quick cooking spring veggies like peas and baby spinach. Chicken stock and lemon juice round out the list of ingredients, and if I’m feeling fancy I cover the whole bowl with a generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
Two words come to mind when I serve this for dinner: simple and satisfying.
I hope you give it a try!
Tortellini & Spring Veggie Soup Recipe:
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (700g) fresh, cheese-filled tortellini
- 2-3 cups frozen peas
- 4-6 large handfuls baby spinach
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Prep and Cook
- Pour the stock and water into a large pot or Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium, stir in the tortellini, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tortellini are tender and floating.
- Add the peas, spinach, and lemon juice and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the peas are warmed through; season with black pepper and ladle into bowls.
- Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.