Is it just me or do kids seem to love mini-sized anything when it comes to food? Regular burgers? No way. But make it a mini slider, and they’re sure to eat them up. And since it’s barbecue season, there’s no better time to introduce adorable, itty-bitty turkey burger sliders to your little ones than now.
Mom tip: Lay out all the toppings on the table and let the kids dress their own burgers. When they’re involved, it makes it more fun and they feel like they’re in control of some major decisions when it comes to their dinner.
Here’s how to serve up a nutritious snack or meal for your kids this summer.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fresh ground Parmesan
- ½ small onion, grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 10 slider rolls
- optional: lettuce, pickle, tomato, cheese, ketchup, mustard
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine turkey, Parmesan, onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well until combined. Shape into 10 two-inch patties and transfer to a plate. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 2Brush the mini turkey burgers with the olive oil and place on a grill over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the centre of the meat is no longer pink. Remove and transfer to a platter, allowing the meat to rest for five minutes.
- 3Serve on rolls and let the kids go nuts with their desired toppings.
Similar Related Posts:
- March 22, 2017
4 Ways to Add Colour and Nutrients to Your Toddler's Diet
These seasonal ingredients will add a burst of colour and an injection of vitamins A and C, iron, magnesium and potassium to your toddler's diet.