Hosting a baby shower this spring and not sure what to serve? Here are 10 ideas that are easy and elegant, and guaranteed to impress every guest on the invite list.
1. Honey Madeleines: The batter benefits from being made ahead of time, so prep it the night before your party and bake the madeleines just before your guests arrive.
2. Classic Deviled Eggs: There’s nothing wrong with a good classic party appy. There may be a little angel on the way, but for the party, go the deviled route all the way.
3. Shrimp Crostini: This quick-cooking hors d’oeuvres is guaranteed to be a bundle of joy for snacking guests.
4. Savoury Baked Brie: Skip the traditional sweet toppings, and cover this baked cheese with savoury lemon and garlic mixture.
5. Rhubarb Buttermilk Mini Muffins: This seasonal sweet treat is a welcome addition to any spring celebration.
6. Quiche Lorraine Scones: Two classic culinary recipes had a baby and this baked good is the delicious result.
7. Waffle Cone Fruit Salad: No need to worry about the heat with this healthy treat. These cones are filled with seasonal fruit and topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
8. Classic Tea Sandwiches: Possibly the most popular finger food of all time, these bite-size nibbles never go unnoticed.
9. Carrot Cake Cheesecake: This semi-homemade celebration cake is perfect for spring.
10. Watermelon Agua Fresca: This refreshing non-alcoholic beverage is perfect for celebrating an expectant mom.
Are you planning a spring shower this year? What’s on your menu?