- 1 large (approx. 1 lb.) sweet potato
- 12 oz. pasta shells
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups Monterrey jack cheese, divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F. Pierce the sweet potato with a fork a few times, and place on baking sheet. Bake until a fork can easily slide into the middle, approximately 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- 2Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Remove a cup of the cooking liquid and set aside. Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Scoop the sweet potato (minus the skin) into a food processor. Add the milk, ¾ cup of the Monterrey Jack cheese, ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Puree until smooth, adding a little of the reserved pasta water if the sauce seems too thick.
- 4Grease a 9” square baking pan. Pour the sweet potato sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Tip the pasta into the baking dish and top with remaining cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, 8-12 minutes. Let stand five minutes before serving.