- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (398 mL) can Hunt’s Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breasts of thighs
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Toppings of choice: grated cheese, sour cream, sliced or pickled jalapeños, chopped cilantro, tortilla chips
Prep and Cook
Combine all ingredients except lime juice and toppings in a large Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Skim the foam from the top of the soup, and using two forks, shred the chicken directly in the pot.
Stir in the lime juice and check seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve hot with toppings of choice.