We are officially in the middle of winter, folks.
If you’re spending the entire season in the great white north like I am, you’re probably looking for an escape from the polar vortex, too.
Sometimes an escape is an all-inclusive vacation to a sunny Caribbean island, and sometimes it’s a nice satisfying bowl of warm oats to break-up your drab breakfast routine. This recipe is sure to shoo away the winter blues for the whole family.
Creamy, dreamy peanut butter. Sweet and tangy apples. A hint of cinnamon and vanilla. Together, they give this oatmeal a distinct dessert-for-breakfast feel.
This is a perfect starter recipe for kids who want to help you out in the kitchen, too. The shortlist of common kid-approved ingredients simply need to be measured out and combined. If the measurements aren’t perfect, don’t fret, it’s a flexible recipe.
Enjoy it straight out of the oven for a great family-friendly weekend breakfast, or reheat it in individual portions throughout the week and enjoy your fabulous new #mealprep life.
Apple & Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups large flake oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk or unsweetened non-dairy beverage
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 small apples, peeled and chopped
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350F
- 2In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredient into dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in apples.
- 4Transfer mixture to an 8” x 8” baking dish, or something of equivalent volume. Bake for 40 minutes or until set in the middle and lightly browned on top.
Similar Related Posts:
Looking For A March Break Activity? Make These Coconut Pancakes
One of my favourite recipes to cook with my girls? These Coconut Pancakes. They're fluffy, delicious and packed with loads of flavour.
Super Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake - that kids can make!
Our Oreo Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe is so simple our 12-year old son made this one for his sister's birthday.