No-Fork Caesar Salad
- 1 lb frozen whole wheat or white pizza dough
- ¾ cup plain tomato sauce (canned or fresh)
- ½ cup corn kernels (frozen or cut off the cob)
- ½ cup shredded zucchini (yellow or green)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely diced tomato or salsa
- 1 cup shredded Italian Fontina or mozzarella cheese
- Meat toppings can include: chopped ham, turkey sausage, bacon or leftover chicken
- Vegetable toppings can include: broccoli, peppers, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, fresh basil, mushrooms.
- Parchment paper
- Flour for work surface
- Rolling pin
Prep and Cook
- If using frozen dough, be sure to defrost in the fridge overnight then let the dough sit out for at least ½ hour.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Warm a pizza stone or large, heavy baking sheet (17” x 14”) on lowest rack in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut individual sized parchment paper to accommodate each pizza and place on work surface.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 – 6 pieces. On lightly floured parchment paper, have each family member stretch or roll out dough with a floured rolling pin, to their desired size.
- Lightly prick dough with a fork (to avoid bubbles).
- In medium sized bowl, combine tomato sauce, corn, zucchini, carrots, and chopped tomato (or salsa).
- Using a small ladle, have each family member spread pizza sauce evenly over the surface of pizza, leaving a ½ inch (1cm) border around the edge.
- Allow everyone to choose additional toppings, including vegetables, cheese, and meat. Scatter ingredients over the surface of the pizza.
- Transfer each pizza to stone or large tray.
- Bake at 500°F degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the toppings are hot.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for a few minutes, cut in halves or quarters and serve.