Watermelon Caprese Skewers
Made with just four ingredients, this portable salad alternative is fresh and fruity not to mention healthy and hydrating. Three cheers for party foods you feel good about serving!
Makes 10-15 skewers
- 1 whole watermelon
- 1 (200g) container mini bocconcini, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 package thin wooden skewers
- Optional: balsamic honey glaze (recipe below)
Prep and Cook
- Cut the watermelon into 3-inch slices. Make as many watermelon balls as you can using a melon baller. You won’t need all of them, but the extras can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Skewer watermelon balls, bocconcini, cherry tomatoes and basil in any order making as many skewers as possible.
- Serve cold with balsamic glaze, if desired.
To make balsamic glaze, whisk together ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons honey. Drizzle over skewers or transfer to a small dip bowl and serve on the side.