- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Metal or wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic and hot sauce (if using). Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade (for brushing onto the kebabs when cooking) and set aside.
- 2Place the chicken, onions, zucchini, and peppers in the bowl and toss to combine. Marinate in the fridge for 2-8 hours (the longer the better).
- 3Prepare the grill (or grill pan) for medium-high heat. Drain the marinade from the bowl and discard. Thread the chicken and veggies onto the skewers and season well with salt and pepper.
- 4Lightly oil the grill with paper towel and place the skewers over the heat. Cook for 10-14 minutes or until the juices run clear, turning the meat frequently and brushing with the reserved marinade. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tagged under: grill recipe,honey soy chicken and veggie kebabs,veggie kebabs,chicken and veggie kebabs,dinner recipe