A classic berry smoothie recipe that’s yummy and delicious…
Nothing beats a berry smoothie for a yummy blast of nutrition that kids don’t even realize is healthy. And nothing beats the ease and convenience of a smoothie for a quick breakfast on the go or after-school snack that feels like a treat.
We love the punch of crunch that the chia seeds give, but if your little isn’t into a drink with texture, in a separate cup, pour an ounce of boiling water over the seeds. Stir and soak for 5-10 minutes and the seeds will form into a gel. Pour the “gel” into the blender before mixing and the chia seeds will be virtually undetectable.
Don’t be afraid to play with the ingredients, as the best smoothies are ones you customize to your tastes. Note that berries and chia seeds are true superfoods, so including them really make smoothies mini meals in a cup.
Makes 2 smoothies
Omega-Blast Berry Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 cup frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup baby kale or spinach leaves
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Prep and Cook
- 1Place berries, milk, yogurt, banana, kale, and cinnamon in a blender.
- 2Blend until very smooth.
- 3Sprinkle with chia seeds and serve immediately.