Overnight Slow Cooker Steel-Cut Oats
- ¾ cup steel-cut oats
- ½ cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp pure brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup cored and grated apple or pear
- 2 cups water
Prep and Cook
- Plug the slow cooker into an outlet and remove the lid.
- In your glass measuring cup, mix together the oats, cream, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, apple sauce and grated fruit, and stir to combine. Add the water and mix well.
- Place the glass in your slow cooker and fill it with water so that it sits level with the oat mixture. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 6–8 hours.
- To serve, remove from the slow cooker and stir well. Serve with additional cream, milk, or a dollop of yogurt and any desired toppings, like fresh fruit, seeds and nuts.