Makes 3 mini cakes
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 30 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Mr. Christie's)
- Optional: red and green icing
Prep and Cook
- 1In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until soft peaks form. The cream should hold its shape, but still be smooth enough to spread.
- 2Lay out the cookies, bottom (flat) side up, and spread a heaping tablespoon of whipped cream onto a wafer. Top with another cookie and repeat 8 more times to produce a stack of 10 cookies sandwiched together with whipped cream. Repeat with remaining cookies and cream to make three separate stacks.
- 3Transfer the stacks of cookies to a serving platter. Spread the whipped cream over the cookies logs, covering completely. Drag the tines of a fork down the length of each to resemble bark.
- 4Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours. Use icing to pipe on holly and berries and dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.